Mystery Killer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright I only have my LR for a day and I notice one of my Hermits were eaten by something stick out of the rock I've seen it stick it's head in and out and it look pretty small i am wondering if it's some kind of worm? Any ideas what could eat a red leg Hermit?:confused:

Nope Nothing? His shell is also missing I can't seem to see it anywhere? The only thing I see are it's red legs lying on top of the rock

Most likely your crab just molted. They'll leave behind a very realistic looking "body" after they molt and will then go into hiding for a few days until their new shell hardens. Same thing your shrimp will do.

He will hide until his exoskeleton hardens. Start getting a little larger shells for them to grow into.

I bet its a molt too. My small blue mini hermit molted today, looked so realistic! more so than the shrimp and sally lightfoot.. thought for sure he died. Then, 20 minutes later I saw him crawling along the back of the aquarium. No worries! Just keep and eye out.

I agree with cat, the hermits seem to have a more realistic ("solid") molt, they look so real.

Cool. I believe that's what happen I think i see him hiding by the rock he left his molt on....

Back
Top Bottom