Mystery unsolved

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tmaida17

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I have a 30 gallon saltwater aquarium I started back in December and everything was fine until about a month ago. My Sally Light foot disappeared, then the next day my cleaner shrimp, 10 days later my orange spotted goby went missing, 3 days ago my purple fish was found dead and half eaten bought another clean shrimp and that went missing the next day, and now my yellow watchman is missing and don t know how. I have a friend tank and that's the way I wanted it. Should I set a trap or something for possible fire worm or something? It seems like it strikes at night whatever it is

I agree, my first thought was also Mantis. Not many can make the rounds like that. As long as water quality has been ruled out, as the cause.

I never seen it or bought one.. I was thinking maybe fire worm?

I don't think that sounds like a fire worm. The mantis shrimp is a possibility. You will most certainly hear a loud pop if it is. Personally I have had huge problems with stone crabs. the ones I have had only come out at night and have bren responsible for, a goby, a damsel, a cleaner shrimp, and half of a sand sifting sea star. I had to physically take each piece of live rock out of the tank. . . Hold it over a bucket for about 2 mins and eventually they would fall out.

Back
Top Bottom