need a little help IDing (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elise

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well its really not too important but it would be nice to know..

I purchased this snail for some odd reason while purchasing some hermits for my 75g (which is fishless right now due to Cirloid isopods)

The fish store didnt know what it was or how it got there but then again all their employees know close to nothing about fish.. so they just gave me it.

I just liked its shell and antenna things.. It looks like a Nassarius Snail becuase it has the trunk-like thing sticking out.. but something about this one doesnt seem right.. it looks mean.. any ideas?
img_273472_0_e9a2ff76253b50a4f67f8b4dfda0aad0.jpg

I also have this crab , it came on the LR awhile ago but it always hid.. i know its prolly a bad crab due to the pointy pinchers.. but i like the color.
I think it shed and this is its just its old skin.
img_273472_1_6d3dcc6d23505d10dc396eb64c8e6a30.jpg

thank you very much
elise

Whatever that crab is...I've got a few of them as well. Like you, I find them interesting and attractive. So far, I've never seen them doing any damage, but their nocturnal so it is hard to catch them in the act.

I think they are probably responsible for stripping off some coraline algae from my rocks. So far, this hasn't been a problem that warrants a death sentence.

Not sure what type of snail taht is. The crab looks like a stone crab. THey are not reef friendly!

stone crabs dont make clicking noises i know this cause if it did the very large one i have would be so loud i would have ate him by now if so lolol j/k peta

stone crabs dont make clicking noises i know this cause if it did the very large one i have would be so loud i would have ate him by now if so lolol j/k peta

I agree, I have one in my sump and all he does is wait for leftovers to come down the pipes :mrgreen: , he is big enough now I'm not gonna stick my hand in there after him.

Back
Top Bottom