Need help identifying a few things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1) some sort of button polyp or palythoa. Very bleached.
2) dead coral skeleton. Unless you're asking about sponge growing on top of pic.
3) Coraline algae
4) looks like sponge
5) some sort of mushroom.

Thank you for the response:) I got this established tank about 5 weeks ago and new things are coming to life including aiptasia eek . Should I remove coral skeleton? The pink on top of the skeleton just started growing those tube like structures? Also wondering about the Coraline, is it the purple pieces? I thought that's what that was but there is also bright red and some orange?

Also wondering if there's anything I can be doing to help them get their (bleached coral) color back

You can leave the skeleton. It's up to you. Live rock from the sea is often just dead coral skeletons. Those tubes are part of the sponge. Nothing to worry about.

Coraline algae comes in many colors. Purple is the most common.

As for bleaching. That can be caused by a number of factors but usually too much light or too much light too quickly. The rock they are on is probably higher up than it used to be. I would move it down.

Thank you. The longer I have this tank the more colors that are coming out. My pink mushrooms are getting purple. Is it possible the white completely bleached out things will get more color? Should I take them out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Dav3. I moved some things around so I'm going to wait it all out hoping it comes back:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom