Need help with something nasty growing in tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piercy87

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have recently upgraded my tank to a bigger tank and upgraded lighting to leds ect but am not having much luck. I've now got an outbreaks of white spot and there's this horrible brown stringy slime growing off the rock only directly under the lighting. I know the obvious solution would be to turn the lights off but I have sps coral ect. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390498326.988481.jpg

I've had all
My fish for over a year and now they have white spot never been a problem in my old smaller tank and also lost my spotted mandarin.

That looks like dinoflagellates. I would just vacuum out what I could when doing water changes and go easy on the feeding. How long since you made the switch? What do your test kits tell you?

I set up the tank back in October and let it cycle with all new water and live rock and sand ect. Then slowly started to move everything over like 1 fish every couple weeks starting with the least territorial fish first. Also same with live rock and corals and inverts. Kitted the new tank with a band new tmc skimmer and tmc ozone new heater leds the works. I'm using oodinex to treate the white spot as have no option for another tank to use copper.
My tests look good

Sg 1024
Ph 8.2
Alk 8
Nitrates 10
Phos 0.001
Ammonia 0

Back
Top Bottom