Need Identification - Creepy looking stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuperWade2

Aquarium Advice Regular
Was doing some night time (no lights) viewing of a newly cleaned tank and saw this... After a few mins, it appears the "tentacles" choked the white tube worm looking thing, what appeared like "smoke" came off of it and it started to droop. needed to go take care of non-sleeping kids, so didn't really go back down to look to see what was going on now.

img4942m.jpg

The smaller 'hairy' ones are bristleworms. I would trust those above on the peanut worm ID.

Watch those bristleworms....they are fast.

nice bristle worms :) i have never found a critter i seen on any critter sites a purple worm with a white colar half way up it have u melosu58?

i havent got a pic of it, but i saw a purple worm going along the sand about 2 weeks ago, couldnt get pic of it cos wen i went 2 get camera it was gone. have u ever heard of a purple worm with a white collar 3/4 up his body? cant find nething about him on any sites.

The bristleworms are good for your tank, although they look a little creepy. They're garbage eaters. ....Just don't touch them. They're like the porcupine of the fish world.

Back
Top Bottom