Need named

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plexifan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I got two soft corals that I need to id, thanks

Attachments

• 2011-09-18 14.09.24.jpg
    2011-09-18 14.09.24.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 136
  • 2011-09-18 14.09.06.jpg
    2011-09-18 14.09.06.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 142
The first looks like a button polyp, and the second maybe a lavendar mushroom? I'm not sure though. And in the future, I would do lots of research before you get a new addition for a tank. Impulse buys are best to avoid, because it could kill the creature, if you don't have it's requirements, or in some cases could kill other inhabitants.

The first is green button polps,the second picture is of green metallic mushrooms,which will get quite large,as you can see from the one that is closed up feeding at the top of the picture.

thanks i had purchased these maybe a month ago and the metallic mushrooms have almost doubled in size. i didnt know they closed up when they caught a piece of food, i knew the polyps did but not the mushrooms i thought they were filter feeders they are my favorite

U can also find the mushroom ur asking about under the name Ricordea. And I'm not so sure they feed as was mentioned. Mine close up after lights out or when they're disturbed. They're photosynthetic so I'm not so sure they capture food. But I admit I don't know everything like some people on here

Crabs said:
U can also find the mushroom ur asking about under the name Ricordea. And I'm not so sure they feed as was mentioned. Mine close up after lights out or when they're disturbed. They're photosynthetic so I'm not so sure they capture food. But I admit I don't know everything like some people on here

Those aren't Ricordea mushrooms..
They are photosynthetic but also capture food from the water column.You can spot feed them and they will close up to eat.Ricordea's don't .

The first one is deffinately button polyps and the second pic is green pimple mushrooms I've ha them myself and r real nice

Back
Top Bottom