Need some random IDs, Algae and a Clam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sevise

Aquarium Advice Activist
My LR has been in for about a day and a half and the life thats come out so far is shocking me.

I have no clue what the Blue is, its surface has very tine projections, a sponge perhaps?
The green are areas algae, its beginning to cover more and more of my LR, its kinda ghostlike, whiteish but still translucent.
The red is a kind of star fish, hes already IDed but he was in the pic anyway.
LIFE.JPG

There is some kind of clam in the red, it does open and close as well as stick out its "mouth". Again you can see some of the ghost algae.
Clam.jpg

I'm also getting alot of white stringy algae coming out from my powerheads, and other areas of high flow.

Your pics don't really have enough detail to really make out what these might be with the exception of the bottom right one. The honey comb segment looks like a coral skelaton, possibley an encrusting pineapple coral. Might even still be living, can't tell though.

Sponges are very common hitchikers and often found on LR which is what you might be seeing. The unfortunate part about transporting the rock is it's not completely submerged and away from open air which kills sponges. What you are most likely seeing is the sponges in a stage of decay which will contribute to your cycle if that's the stage you are in. Some might yet survive but I wouldn't bank on it.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom