Neon orange flakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bstorer

Aquarium Advice Regular
I did a fresh water tip to the whole disc. I noticed a lot of algae in the area, and was told to do a fresh water dip. After the dip I noticed a bunch of these neon orange flakes on the rock. Any ideas of what this this?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Flakes

Attachments

• 1430183500481.jpg
    1430183500481.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 110
Night leds

Attachments

• 1430183630470.jpg
    1430183630470.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 100
Thank you! Do these flat worms move around? They were all in the same place this morning.

They should, but slowly.
Is there blue actinic lighting on the tank? This could simply be algae that is that color because of that...though it doesn't seem like it from the picture.

Blues are on in both pics. They are small so it is hard to tell, but it appears that the flakes are leafy as the hang off the rock in some places. I pulled a piece off and it doesnt appear to be a flat worm. But it is orange under a regular house light.

Then it is an algae. I've had it show up in my tank similar, but not sure where it goes as it doesn't stick around in my tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the help Sniperhank!

looks like Coraline flakes I see that a lot , I notice it mostly when I blow off the rocks it's harmless
it most likely came in on a piece of coral

Also, until I figured it out, I was lost on something similar in my tank. Turns out it was...wait for it...snail poop.

As quickly as it came, it has all now disappeared....

Back
Top Bottom