New coral don't know what it is for sure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shawnjohn686

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Got a new coral today for cheep but don't know what it is for sure but if some one can tell me what it is that would be nice. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405476174.089695.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nah it's a favia, maybe platygyra.

No way it's a favia it's some type of a montipora. But there are so many types of them

My first thought was leptastrea. I would also say favia over monti, looks more like an lps to me

A not so blue pic would help but I'm almost 100% sure that's not a monti. It's an lps of sorts. I don't think it is leptastrea either.

lmao wife said it was a blob of glue that was left behind after coral got torn off
get better pict for a better ID

It looks to be encrusting the frag plate. I say monti still

Fish are friends not food!

It looks to be encrusting the frag plate. I say monti still

Fish are friends not food!

Encrusting doesn't mean it's a monti. Favias encrust, acropora encrust, pavona, merulina, etc all encrust. The mouths on it really do not appear to be a monti.a less blue pic would definitely help a lot.

Pavona coral.

Or possibly merulina.

Better pic would help as mentioned.

Encrusting doesn't mean it's a monti. Favias encrust, acropora encrust, pavona, merulina, etc all encrust. The mouths on it really do not appear to be a monti.a less blue pic would definitely help a lot.

I will get a better pic when I get home and all my lights are one.

Oh that helps a lot. It is most likely merulina, not a favia or monti.

Looked at pic on line found some that look like it put it's a little frag so time will tell when it gets bigger

Back
Top Bottom