New Find

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

usmcmarc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I kept my lights off for the whole weekend to try and correct an algae problem. When I came in today I found some new things...

3 of what I would say look like tiny HALF starfish, 2 on the glass, 1 on the rock. The underside looked like a starfish (white) and the tops had multiple speckled colorations of reds, browns and greys. They move like starfish too...

I also see a new snail. It's pretty small, kind of like a long twist cone with alternating brown and white(cream) bands...tons of bands. I thought bumblebee snail at first, but this has 10x's the bands of the ones I see in pictures.

Sorry no pictures....My buddy with a camera good enough to get shots of these isnt around.

The "half star" could be an ASTERINA STAR and the snail might be a PEPPERMINT SNAIL, but you know what we say, without a pic, these are just guesses.

Yep...definately ASTERINA STARS...

I'll try and get a pic of the snail...I'm just hoping it's not a bumblebee...I understand they are not reef safe/

I have the asternias and grow very quickly. They dont bother anything at least not in my tank. Here they are on my glass every morning.

Attachments

• 100_0618_185.jpg
    100_0618_185.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_0619_102.jpg
    100_0619_102.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 48
I'm pretty sure the snails are cerith (which brings my count up to 4 of these). From the different pics I have seen of these, they are pretty close.

Back
Top Bottom