New head forming on duncan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish wrangler

Aquarium Advice Addict
is this a new head starting? It's my first stony and I'm not sure if this is what a new head would look like.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hard to tell for sure. I bought a ducan with 3 heads and in about 5 months I had over 20 heads.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

yes looks like a new head forming on the flip side that caupulara vine above it in the rocks , just be aware it grows fast and can be evasive , awesome looking duncan

yes looks like a new head forming on the flip side that caupulara vine above it in the rocks , just be aware it grows fast and can be evasive , awesome looking duncan

Thanks! Happy the duncan is growing a new head, if everything goes good it'll be 7 heads.

I know the caulerpa grows fast. I like the looks of it on the rocks and if it gets to close to a coral I just pull it. Before I got my fuge I considered the caulerpa my in-tank fuge lol

IMO it makes the reef look more natural, I have never dove a reef but I'd assume macro algae is all about.

I noticed another smaller slit starting to form today, looks like it'll be 8 heads :)

What tangs do you have Marty? My yellow doesn't touch any of rhe caulerpa

I have

Kole
Sailfin
Jewel
Yellow
Goldrim

So any type of algae don't last long my kole eats bryopsis as well as my sailfin eats bubble algae which is handy but macro algae don't last they even eat cheato like spaghetti

Can you rent me the sailfin for like 2 weeks? Bubble algae is becoming the new hair algae for me!

I have not been able to get any macro other than caulerpa, tried to get cheato but the lfs didn't have any

Can you rent me the sailfin for like 2 weeks? Bubble algae is becoming the new hair algae for me!

I have not been able to get any macro other than caulerpa, tried to get cheato but the lfs didn't have any

Do you have an emerald crab,I have one in my 20 gallon and he keeps it in check.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Do you have an emerald crab,I have one in my 20 gallon and he keeps it in check.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm getting one or two soon. I didn't want to get any before i moved the tank

Back
Top Bottom