New Live Rock ID Please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lesft is a toadstool, right is cabage coral, bottom is a mushroom (ibelieve watermenlon mushroom)

nice rock where u get it

Thanks. I got the rock from a friend who has an established reef tank. I added one more picture can you tell me what it is.

Most of the rock has mushrooms on it and also feather dusters. I am very pleased with the rock. Got it for $3 lb brought it home in large icechests filled with water from his tank and had no die off. Only out of water long enough to place it in the chests to weigh it before filling it up with water. It has been in for a week now and I am getting a diatom bloom. Hopefully it will burn out quick. Seems to be getting better (this is day 4 of the bloom)

Thanks, you are quick. I have a cleaning crew on the way. Hopefully this will help with algae. I got blue leg hermits, snails and some peppermint shrimp.

Can I move a toad stool. It looks like there is a new one growing right next to the cabbage. Can I put it on another rock or should I just leave it?

Thanks. I think I may try to move the smaller one. How big will the toadstool and cabbage get?

As big as they can, they grow at a slow to medium rate though

ive seen toadstools 2ft across, space lighting and good water will depend if it will grow and how fast

Found another thing on my rock that I was wondering what it is.

Also will the toadstool in the 2nd pic of the original post stay closed for a day or two. It has not opened up so I was curious if it was not healthy. Water parameters are fine and everything in the tank is also ok.

Thanks, Toadstool seems to be opening up today. This rock is fun to look at I find myself with a flashlight checking it out at night. My 2 year old son is right there with me :D My cleaning crew will be here today, I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom