new pair of clowns what kind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgan24

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys just got back from the lfs and traded some corals for all of these. pics..... I got a pair of clowns and don't know what kind they are they look black percs but have yellow fins. I got them for 50.00 bucks. Could you guys help me out...Plus there is a coral and an anemone that is boggling me.

Attachments

• new_clowns_1_103.jpg
    new_clowns_1_103.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 28
  • white_anemone_175.jpg
    white_anemone_175.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 27
  • bubble_coral_188.jpg
    bubble_coral_188.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 29
Bubble: Yes

Anemone: Probably but not positive. If so, it is in very sore shape.

Clowns: Yes....looks like clarkes, but oddly..very black.

Agree the coral is a bubble coral.

The anemone...hard to tell. Whatever it is, it's bleached out and is going to need a lot of TLC for the next few months to a year to bring back to life. My guess is a LTA, but a better picture would help.

The clowns look like black ocellaris/percula clowns.

the anemone was just acclimated for 2 hrs and he is about the size of a quarter. He was only in the tank for about 10 min and i took the pic. The clowns i agree look like black percs but the yellow fins are steering me to a different kind. Do you guys think 50.00 bucks was a good deal for the clowns. I got the anemone for 10.00. The anemone is in my 10gl nano which is been up for 9 months and no problems with the tank yet, so he should heel up nice. There is 6.5wts on the tank so i think he has enough light. Do you think i should try to feed him? And what or should i try to feed my bubble coral?

Those are some awesome looking clowns!!! They do look a bit like clarkes but I think I agree they are ocellaris/percs!

are the clowns rare or can you find them pretty easy? Any help with the anemone, things i could do to help him get better faster?

They are becoming fairly common now.
better pic of mr wiggles
As for the anenome frequent feedings and pristine H20 as well as proper lighting it should recover in due time do no expect full recovery in a day but more like 6-9 months and up to a year to properly recover , do watch as an anenome with issues a clown may or may not help and could altimately stress it further to its death

Thank you .
They genrally start off looking less intense black , more yellow/gold coloring to them as they age they get more black usually leaving yellow fins and lips ... They are commonly sold as black ocs/percs
Mr . Wiggles has been with me going on 4 years now..

Good ID Sadielynn on the clowns. The first one does look like a bubble coral and I have never fed my bubble coral. They get what they need from the lighting and water column. Here is mine. He is 7 yrs old. Never been target fed.

Attachments

• 100_0171_703.jpg
    100_0171_703.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 18
  • fish_005_133.jpg
    fish_005_133.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 260
  • 100_0399_211.jpg
    100_0399_211.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 14
thanks guys. I got the anemone in my 10gl with great water never had a ny probs in nine months so i hope he will recover. The black clowns are in 20gl so they won't bother the anemone. there is 6.5wts of pc on my 10 so that should be enough light, what do you guys think? I got the bubble in the 10gl to and he is opening up great along with my new leather and polyps. I'm going full reef with this nano so i hope it works out i've waited 9 months to start. so i hope that was long enough.

Back
Top Bottom