New star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newfiereefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got some rock last week and I think I had a new friend tag along any idea what he could be ?

Attachments

• image-777058337.jpg
    image-777058337.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 122
  • image-2904390734.jpg
    image-2904390734.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 113
Its an asterina star if you have corals remove it as it eats them, or if you plan on corals otherwise its ok to leave it.

bigben2057 said:
Its an asterina star if you have corals remove it as it eats them, or if you plan on corals otherwise its ok to leave it.

I heard that they are perfectly fine with corals just like bristleworms, brittle stars, etc.

bigben2057 said:

Too bad I like free livestock :-/

I have corals and one of your same starfish and never see him on anything but the glass and rocks

He was also a hitchhiker :)

I have never heard of them harming corals. I have a bunch of corals and a bunch of asterina's and I've never seen them on anything but the glass either.

There are several different colors for these stars. I have heard of them eating corals, not the white ones...im not sure about that colored variety. I say a nice hitchhiker, just keep an eye on it.

I was looking into these guys. Seen a tank with them, and wanted to know if they where reef safe, or even something you want in your tank.

I read that they multiply by "exploding" there arms off, and grow new ones from the parts. Thats why there arms are always different sizes

Back
Top Bottom