No clue what this is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael07

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys im new to the site, ill post so info on what type of tank i have in a few, but i was looking at my tank last night around 12:00am, the lights had been off already for about 2hrs and i happen to see this, Its clear about 6 to 7" long, and it was coming out of the live rock, looks kind like a tentacle but at the end of it it splits into a T and has 2 black/green tips

here are some pics was hoping to see if any of u guys know what is it.....

Sorry if they are blurry, In the second photo u can see it on the glass and then it kinda goes right a bit and then goes back left and then into the rock

8782256.jpeg

8870388.jpeg

9018471.jpeg

It looks to be a Bonellid Echiuran worm. What you are seeing is the proboscis used to gather detritus and other particulate matter.

I tryed to find some info on this but didn't happen to come back anything, does anyone happen to know if it will give me problems in my tank at all?

As I said, it feeds on particulate matter so no it will not pose any harm. You can Google 'Shimek' since I know he has posted relevant information in the past.

Back
Top Bottom