Not sure what this one is..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magma

Aquarium Advice Freak
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2337/6ouw.jpg

Just noticed this today in my tank its on a piece of rock that I have laying in the sand bed for years now, its been in all 3 of my tanks and never had anything on it before. In fact I think it was even in the sump for a while before I threw it back into the sand bed.

I noticed this nem/acan/frogspawn style thing today. Not sure where it could have come from or what it is. Any ideas?

It has a mouth (not really visible) and its pinkish purple in colour with hints of green matching the colour of my frogspawns.

I'm torn between a baby frogspawn or possibly a corynactis anemone. From what I can see the base appears to be brownish/red which is common among anemones

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

corynactis anemone definitely looks like it, now question everyone would need to know...friend or foe?

Corynactis generally don't last very long in captivity although you can never be 100% sure. I would say Joes juice, boiling water, or lemon juice directly in its mouth and problem solved

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Corynactis. I wouldn't mess with it. Like stated above, they usually don't last very long and they don't cause any problems in my experience. I have had them in my tanks and it takes a long time for them to spread. However, if you want to get rid if it, you could use the methods recommended above.

its not even close to the size of a dime, i have noticed about 4 of them in the same area, very small though.

Back
Top Bottom