Nudibranch...good? Bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nvelez12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My boyfriend came home with a beautiful nadibranch today. Of course when i look up info on it i cant find much. The LFS where he was purchased stated that hes very easy to care for and basically would be part of the clean up crew. But i did read some will prey on corals, fish, sponges and ANEMONES???.... huh? Is that tru???

image-3888190048.jpg

No one knows what it feeds on. It could feed on anything. Most don't last in our systems an that one will probably die. I'd take it back.

Some eat corals and some dont. They usually take on the color of the corals they eat. I do know that a buddy of mine has had one for a couple years in his reef with no problems.

Some eat corals and some dont. They usually take on the color of the corals they eat. I do know that a buddy of mine has had one for a couple years in his reef with no problems.

What species/common name is it? I've never heard of one living long. Id be interested to see a pic of it.

Thanks for the info, yea i think i should take the little guy back.

Back
Top Bottom