Odd white things on the side of my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickstar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently I have noticed 3 different types of white things on the side of my tank. One looks sort of like a firework or spider shape and the other looks like a slug. The last one has a body, antennas, and a tail? I'm really confused on what they are, does anyone know? My camera couldn't really focus on them because they are so small

Attachments

• image-870419915.jpg
    image-870419915.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 105
Could be hydroids, the hydroids you might be seeing aren't harmful and will die off. They come and go

These are hydroids

Attachments

• image-688117808.jpg
    image-688117808.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 96
Could be hydroids, the hydroids you might be seeing aren't harmful and will die off. They come and go

Those hydroids are one on the things on my glass! Are they good and do fish eat them?

They won't hurt anything. All these things you are seeing are characteristic of a new tank and will disappear on their own.

They won't harm anything, they come and go, they can have random blooms, usually in a new tank they appear like crazy. They die off don't worry about them. However you'd have to be cautious about colonial hydroids which appear on liverock. Those sting and can kill corals.

But they don't grow like the ones you're seeing on your glass, they enter the tank by already being on the rock!

Back
Top Bottom