One or two anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cathyjane

Aquarium Advice Activist
This came home as one anemone but it now looks like two. Is this possible?

By the looks of it, your sebae has just wedged itself in the rock a bit deep and the disc has folded into itself. I wouldn't expect it to split anytime soon (or ever really).

Cheers
Steve

scuba steve

I respect your opinion more than anybody's because I know you have been on this board a long time. Several people on the "general discussion" board have suggested that perhaps this sebae is splitting but, I still respect your opinion. I have taken a photo under the moon lights and it does indeed look like another mouth is forming. What do you think???

cathyjane said:
I have taken a photo under the moon lights and it does indeed look like another mouth is forming. What do you think???
I honestly can't tell by the pic, there isn't enough clear detail. It could definately be splitting (it's just quite rare) but your pics so far have not shown much (sorry). Splitting will definately start from the mouth and since you have the "birds eye" view then all you can really do is play wait and see. It will generally split within 12-24 hrs if that's what it's doing. I hope all the water specs are well above board.

Good luck!
Cheers
Steve

I can't tell if it's splitting either, but i do know someone who bought a RBTA and it split so i guess it's not impossible. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom