Orange things like pods on glass what r they?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suthernsalt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just purchase a 125gal reef tank that has been set up for over a year. I have had it about a month now, but here recently i have been noticing things on the rocks, glass and sand. They are orange / brown with a red head. Shaped kinda like a flat shrimp. I have white pods in my other tank on the glass and in the filters. I want to take a picture, but i can't seem to get my pictures small enough to post onto the forum here. I wanted to enter a picture in the picture contest, but my images will not compact small enough. Any advise on either these things on the glass or how to compact my picture would be great!!!

R these good or bad? how do I get rid of these if they are flat worms? r there any pictures of flat worms i could look at?

Try here. The first two pics are pics of the white and yellow/red. The red ones have a tendency to have population explosions and will need to be gotten rid of. There is a product called flatworm exit you can use. Several members here have had great results with it. The way I understand it, is it kills them quickly and you'll need to syphon the worms off the rock and sand as you go. Apparently as they die they will release toxins so you want to get them out quickly. Hopefully someone who has actually done this will chime in and give you their experience. Good luck.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/flatworms.htm

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...&Product_Code=SAT-FLAT&Category_Code=Medicine

Oh, just an added note, if it's flatworms.....when syphoning, use a piece of airline tubing so your not removing to much water at a time. HTH.

thanks so much for the info. I used my aquarium vac last night and got a few of the worms out. I went today and purchased a scooter blenny from my local fish store. So I will let u guys know the results in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom