Pagona coral abscess?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masoniac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had this pagoda coral for about 4-5 months it Is doing great but I just noticed today that is has a squishy spot on the under side. The parameters are in good range, nitrate 1.0-5.0, ammonia 0, phosphates 0, calcium 420. I make 15gallon water changes every two weeks. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417888427.505187.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417888438.958806.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your parameters look great except your phosphates. They should be between 0.01 and 0.08 but not 0.

Unfortunately I haven't ventured into corals to tell if that will affect them, just know what the water params need to be, so hopefully someone chimes in that can help. :)

No one else has any comment?

It is still there and has not got any bigger

In all honesty, I'm not sure...but if I were to take a guess, there are other instances in other LPS corals to where they will balloon up in a similar fashion. No clue what causes it, but after some time it deflates back to normal. The most familiar of such would be with the frogspawn, hammer, and torch corals where one or more of the tentacles will do such a thing.

Back
Top Bottom