Parasites? Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmattingly117

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I went out of town for one night and came home to a ton of tiny like worm like bugs all over the glass inside my tank! I have no clue what they might be. They're kind or rounded at the head and split at the end. They're almost translucent and have slightly dark markins on tho top side. I tried taking pics but it's hard cause they are so tiny but I can't find an ID anywhere on them..I'm thinking they came from the nem I just bought a few days ago. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 80
No not that just looked it up..they're a lot smaller and there's a lot..at least doesn't look like that yet..

Another possibility...the odd fuzz around it in the picture might make me lean towards a flatworm...just a rough ID form the pic. How many of them are there?

Flatworms! Looked that up and found a few hit of the exact same thing in my picture..what I also found was ppl saying they're pretty common and it had to of come from my new I just purchased..someone said they're not bad unless they get out of control..what would someone say to get rid of them or keep them in check?..maybe a wrass or chromis? Would like to try to stay away from chemicals but I will do that if I have to..just don't want to nuke my tank or let something like this destroy it.

There is a product called flatworm exit that works well from what I've heard. I'm not a fan of adding livestock to a tank to solve a problem, just as adding chemicals to solve it isn't that great, but the more common brown flatworms can quickly increase in numbers and cover coral...literally starving them to death by preventing light from reaching the coral. It is something that needs to be addressed ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom