Percula or Ocellaris?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhoelter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my clownfish died :( so I would like to get another one so my surviving fish has a friend to play in the bubbles with. I probably will get a Royal Gramma Basslet as well.

I think he died because I wasn't around to change the water like I should've - I had a whole bunch of international work travel and they were getting fed but the water wasn't changed in a month+. The heater was also set a little low. He was a couple years old - what is the normal lifespan of these guys? I feel like a failure as a caretaker but I guess I just need to learn from my mistakes and press on. :(

Anyway, I need to know if what I have is a true Percula or an Ocellaris (because if I didn't match the one I have they would fight, right?). The previous owner wasn't sure which it was... These pictures kinda suck but please let me know if you can tell.

http://loar.net/gallery/sw-fish

Thanks!
Jeff

I agree, I think it is an ocellaris as well. Also, nice choice on the royal gramma. It is a great fish.

Back
Top Bottom