PIC Please help me ID this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joekoug

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I discovered this thing in my nano when I was rearanging my LR. I think it is some sort of an anemone that was on my LR when I bought it. It's about a half inch tall. Any ideas?

Thanks

Joe

I'm scratching my head asking the same question... I thought I posted it correctly, but after trying to edit the post and attach the image again it wont take. Any idea why?

Joe

I always have problems with that either join photo bucket or put it in ur gallery

probibly to large, it should be smaller than 100k.

also, these topics need to go in the Indentification section.

but I am still curious to see your pic! :D

Damn file was a whopping 102 k, I had to break out Photoshop....

Joe

inject it with joes juice or lemon juice using a syringe.. get the juice hot and squirt it in there. it'll kill them right away.

nano with a mandarin? eek...

poor little dude...

you have a manderin fish in a nano?
nano with a mandarin? eek...

poor little dude...

I take it this fish is not suitable for my Nano... The azzwipe at the LFS who has never steered me wrong suggested this fish saying it would never outgrow my Nano and will be "Just perfect" :evil: I guess a trip back there when it stops raining tonight is in order. What WOULD be a good fish for a Nanocube?

Thanks
Joe

The mandarin needs much more LR to thrive. A yellow watchman would be a good choice. :D

It does stay rather small compared to other fish, however it needs tons of pods to live on and generally will not accept fish foods you put in the tank. There is a small yellow goby I have seen at my LFS that perches on top of corals, it has pink cheeks, I bought one for my tank but he got eaten :( , too small I guess. A small clownfish would be nice too, tons of personality. :D

clowninround, i think you are referring to a citron goby, they do well in small tanks, as they do not get more than an inch or two. they like to have lots of branching coral to swim through and perch upon, faux coral is fine. im planning on adding one to my nano when it is ready for fish.

clowns are also good, ocellaris/perc esp, as well as a royal gramma or pseudochromis (preferably pseudochromis fridmani aka orchid pseudo. as they are more docile than most).

definitly bring back the mandarin, or give it to somebody nearby with a thriving pod population. arent you glad you found out now? thats what we are here for!!!

HTH

this topic has taken a left turn!

Mandrins need some serious LR to stay alive for long. Most will say that an absolute minimum of 75 gallons and 100 lbs of live rock is needed. AND the tank should be very mature with a large Copopod population.

I love Mandrins, but this is one fish that should really just stay in the ocean. 98% will Die in captivity.

Sorry to tell you, but its better to find out now!

Back
Top Bottom