Please HELP ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galwaydellboy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys

Please help identify this coral

Thanks

Attachments

• image-3146257488.jpg
    image-3146257488.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 165
  • image-2404413370.jpg
    image-2404413370.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 170
  • image-441977183.jpg
    image-441977183.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 177
It's a leather coral, but it looks keeled over and no polyps showing. Once inflated, it is looking like a colt coral of some kind to me. Not even close to a mushroom in my opinion.

if your lfs sold that to you as a mushroom i would consider going to another lfs

What are your water parameters? Looks like that coral is not doing to well.
Post your water conditions and maybe we can help.

They like to pout like that, but keeling over isn't good. Salinity and Ph have to be right on from my experience. If it is a colt coral, I have grown these to basketball size and then lost them in 24 hours when.nothing else was affected. If it starts to liquify, remove the affected arms as fast as possible or they will pollute your tank. It's not that bad yet, but check your water quality and make changes slowly.

i've never seen a blue colt. if the lfs sold it to you for the price of a mushroom, then i'd go back to them for a few more deals!

How could they sell that as a mushroom? That is a neat looking coral though. Just do some googling beforehand when they tell you that a carnation coral is actually a zoanthid or something like that, haha.

Back
Top Bottom