Please help me id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BabyDee17

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I found this guy on my button polyps lastnight. Im not sure what he is but I would like to figure out and if I should in fact remove him. He's a little hard to see.. phones not that great. He's whitish pinkish with long tentacles of some kind. Thanks in advance for any help :]

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 11.jpeg
    11.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 93
Have you poked it? Does it react the same way the polyps do when you poke them? To me it looks like a pest anemone maybe not an aiptasia but still a pest Live Rock Hitch Hikers this is a great page to bookmark for iding the little things that we find in our tanks.

Hi it does look like aiptasia, but don't touch it in the tank because it'll spawn (I think spawn is the the right word). Then you'll have loads in your tank.

+1 to richie. When threatened they will spores into the water and they will sprout a new nem wherever they land. Aphasia x works quite well. Utube it they kill sum nasty anemones on there.

Looking at it to me it doesn't look just like any aiptasia I have but I believe it is some type of pest anemone. You can get rid of it the same way you do aiptasia vinegar, lemon juice, pickling lime, or aiptasia x or one of the other things that is suppose to kill them. I have several in my tank that never die completely they just come back bigger. If you can get real peppermint shrimp that is the best way to go since they can usually get where our hands can't go. If you have a coral banded shrimp then don't get any peppermint shrimp chances are they will be killed before they can do their job.

Back
Top Bottom