Please help me id this beautiful coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bleu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently brought this piece from my lfs for a steal. It seems it is a bit damage, it's skeleton is showing. Hopefully I can bring it back to full health. Also, any tips would be appreciated!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415587611.959146.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415587622.194243.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

An upset open brain looks like. Having color is a good sign. Acclimating it properly along side stable, pristine conditions will lead you towards a hopeful recovery...but generally I don't think these guys do well in the aquariums we run. I've killed off a handful. Some are successful with them, so not trying to be a debby downer.

Ok thank you guys...I will hope for the best

Beautiful coral - hope it makes it. Most of the LPS will pull in like that when exposed to unfavorable conditions and lighting. I certainly wouldn't give up on it, till it turns white.

Thanks so much for the good wish!! Here how he's lookin today, happy & fullImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415822870.935999.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415822895.231239.jpg. Decided to name him the Green Lantern ;-). Wow...i need to clean my glass

About 4 1/2, 5".

Thanks so much ;-). Yeap, the green lantern is doing very well. This guy is my favorite coral, besides my fox coral.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416934491.552082.jpg

Back
Top Bottom