Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Identification
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-04-2021, 05:12 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

please help with id

Can someone please tell me what this bubble type algae is? It's brown and full of water inside and it's starting to spread in my aquarium. I've pulled it off the rocks and overflow, but it just keeps coming back. Is there any creature I could buy that eats this?
Nitrates are a little high around 25-30, and all other parameters in check. I have a Red Sea XXL750 and it's been up and running for 9 months.
In all my 30 years in the saltwater hobby, this is the first time dealing with this.
All help is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bubble agae growing in tank.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	321937  

yellow tang, coral beauty, pair of perculas, fairy wrasse, diamond gody, banded goby, neon gody, striped cardinal, skunk cleaner shrimp, red serpent star, 2 peppermint shrimp, a couple dozen blue legs, and snails.
gfishguy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:48 AM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Cyanobacteria. Forms in sheets in low flow areas of your tank when there are nutrients in the water column.
It's just that low flow spot in your tank where it is and feeding off the nitrates you pointed out most likely.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com