Pls help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevinalewis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just purchased this rock that has several mushrooms on it. While acclimating this popped out. What is it? Good or bad? Will reef dip kill it and everything else bad? I also got a emerald crab too. Free hitchhiker :)

Also there is something else poking out. I'll get pic ASAP for help identifying it. I poked it with end of knife and it retreated back into rock.

Forgot to add pic.

Attachments

• image-2741423813.jpg
    image-2741423813.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 163
I have one very similar that came on my symphodium. I originally thought it was a bleaching part of the polyp or something, but today it moved! It is white and blue.

I sent an email out regarding mine to liveaquaria. Hopefully they have some info on this little bugger. I have a hard time believing that a bad nudibranch came in on an order from them, but I was also surprised by aiptasia on the same rock. So we'll see.

I dont have a hard time believing they dont dip or inspect, but with things coming out of their diver's den would be in a setup where some bad critters wouldn't be. It is pretty obviously on aquacultured rock.

Do you think they have full blown reef tanks and just do like we do? Here is a picture of their facility...
coral-farm-tour-main-coral-.jpg

Those are wild pieces you are speaking of. They do not make them, the islanders do, and then they attach them to big bamboo grids and harvest them when it's time to, then mail them to LA.

Back
Top Bottom