Polyp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogmeister

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, found this when I was moving some of my corals about. Any idea? Thanks

image-2741071204.jpg

I don't think so, I've got hairy mushrooms in my other tank. It's hard, white, the a green ring in the middle before you get to the mouth

Some sort of LPS coral (observe the coral's septa or skeletal plates, under the tissue), hard to tell what type LPS though.

If it has been repositioned to get more light exposure (it looks a little bleached to me) it may recover and rebound, and provide more identifying clues of this hitch-hiking stony coral. To speed up recovery you may want to feed it every now and then.

I'll move the rock into a brighter position. I'm surprised it's alive at all since that rock been buried amongst others for the last 6 months or so in darkness. How can I feed it?? I only feed my corals when their feeder tentacles are out but haven't seen any from this little fella.

In the photo you posted it looks like there are feeder tentacles (albeit very short feeders) present. You can try offering this coral a mysis shrimp or two at night a couple of times a week.

Back
Top Bottom