Possble aptaisa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does this look like aptasia to yous.

Attachments

• image-4102440148.jpg
    image-4102440148.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 107
  • image-154714121.jpg
    image-154714121.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 91
Does this look like aptasia to yous.

It does, indeed, look like aipastia to me.

You can get rid of it using products like aipastia x, or some people have living organisms in their tank that will eat it, like Peppermint Shrimp (who will only eat small aipastia. Actually, I have heard sometimes, that don't eat any of it).

However, I have heard that some organisms won't eat it if they don't want feel like it.

I personally had success with my Peppermint Shrimp eating a couple TINY aipastias in my 34g. :)

There are quite a few choices, if you have any other questions let me know! :)

I cant use shrimp as I fully cycled my tank with 5kg of live rock for 6 weeks but then I didn't have enough rock so I added about 7kg more and this has obviously kicked in another cycle. So I can't use shrimp can a long period of no light kill it.

Foskett96 said:
I cant use shrimp as I fully cycled my tank with 5kg of live rock for 6 weeks but then I didn't have enough rock so I added about 7kg more and this has obviously kicked in another cycle. So I can't use shrimp can a long period of no light kill it.

likely won't kill it iv had two in a glass orb for a month no light no water flow no heat and its doing fine

I injected one with some lemon juice and that seems to have worked, I stuck it with an 18g syringe and put about 1/2cc of fresh squeezed juice into the little beastie and hasn't been seen since. If its easy to get to I'd try the lemon juice. I also killed about a dozen on a small piece of live rock by dipping the rock in a pot of boiling water. It also killed the coraline algea on the rock and some pods that were living in the nooks and crannies (I felt kinda bad about that, but I didn't know they were there). Both methods were effective, but another seems to pop up in another spot every few weeks it seems. :(

Back
Top Bottom