Purged Condylactis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trigger_Happy814

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Why does my condylactis close up like this! I feed it every few days. It's like the next day after a feeding I see her like this! The last one is what she normally looks like!

image-4156371541.jpg

image-2633188117.jpg

image-1300938137.jpg

image-425891774.jpg

image-2403880108.jpg

They don't need to be fed. I have had mine for for about 8 months and I don't feed it. They get food from light and if mine does eat it is scrapes that float around in the water. It takes more energy then it gets to digest food that is fed to it.

They don't need to be fed. I have had mine for for about 8 months and I don't feed it. They get food from light and if mine does eat it is scrapes that float around in the water. It takes more energy then it gets to digest food that is fed to it.

What?? U don't feed it! I was told where I bought it they feed it silverside every 3 days!! That's also what it says on line when you research the condylactis! When it's open it looks very healthy, but when it close like pics it looks as if its dying!

If you feed it, feed it very small pieces...like the size of a pea. A whole silverside is very stressful to digest, as stated.

If you feed it, feed it very small pieces...like the size of a pea. A whole silverside is very stressful to digest, as stated.

Thanx! The 2 LFS here said they are fine eating a whole one, but I will try to start cutting up silversides!

Ya info out there can be conflicting. Like I said I don't physically feed mine it just grabs bits that float around the tank when I feed my fish every three days or so. It mostly relays on light for photosynthesis. It is quite heathy to the point were I can't get the buggar out of my tank! I would like to take it out as every once in a while it moves which makes it hard to keep with corals and my clowns won't go anywhere near the thing anyway.

Back
Top Bottom