Queen Anthias / Sea Star question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
First off does anyone have a good starfish ID page? I found what was simply labeled as a 'bali star' at the LFS, but from what i found on the 'net, the one they have at the LFS looks nothing like it. It almost looks like a chocolate chip star, but a lighter brown and faint but dark maroon stripes around its arms. It looks neat, but of course dont want to buy it and have it eat my shrimp! ( or fish!)

Also the LFS where the star was found had a very pretty queen anthias. I've read mixed reviews on these guys, anyone have experience with them? are they easy to care for? hard to care for?

Thanks! :)

Can't comment on the star, but purple queen anthias are virtually impossible to keep. Stay away from them.

Thanks, wasnt sure exactly where to put it heh. Hopefully I can find out what the star is, sounds like the anthias is a skipper. Shame they're so pretty!

I dont think they'd object. I wont be able to get back there til Sunday, If its still there I'll take a pic. Its neat looking. Like a chocolate chip star, but a little different colors / markings. As stated as before it was labels as a bali star, but when I looked those up, it looked nothing like it. Almost all I found were completely red. Strange...
seems this LFS is notorious for buying things people shouldnt have nd put on sale ( eg: clown tang, anthias, panther grouper baby, freshwater arowana and pacu) so thats why i'm so skeptical. I research everything anyhow, but I was a bit worried about most fish from this place that I dont know about.

Back
Top Bottom