Really starting to get mad, what is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did some catch up reading on everything. Phsoguard will more than likely solve the issue...though I would be more inclined to believe it is phosphates rather than silicates. Besides diatoms, never seen anything else grow that consumes them. Either way, problem solved hopefully.

Did some catch up reading on everything. Phsoguard will more than likely solve the issue...though I would be more inclined to believe it is phosphates rather than silicates. Besides diatoms, never seen anything else grow that consumes them. Either way, problem solved hopefully.

I hadn't either until now, hopefully some new filters will take it out of my rodi

I'd be concerned about your TDS meter as well...if it reads 0, that means there are no solids in the water. If it reads 0 and you somehow have silicates in it afterwards...

I'd be concerned about your TDS meter as well...if it reads 0, that means there are no solids in the water. If it reads 0 and you somehow have silicates in it afterwards...

Well it's now reading 1ppm as of yesterday.. Its nothing special, it's a dual inline HM digital, the one that comes with the BRS plus package.

Also: do you have any experience with phosguard? I have it in a phosban reactor. I want no tumble right?

I have phosphates under that and have algae issues. So I'd think it is pretty important in terms of your issue.

I actually run phosguard in my brs dual reactor. I don't tumble it.

Def need to replace filters then. Whats the tds coming out of your tap? Mine is extremely high, being a natural spring and then fertilizer leaks into the water to the point I don't even drink it, and I burn through filters and resin extremely fast.

Def need to replace filters then. Whats the tds coming out of your tap? Mine is extremely high, being a natural spring and then fertilizer leaks into the water to the point I don't even drink it, and I burn through filters and resin extremely fast.

Mine normally tests around 320-330

So I went ahead while I was at it and everything was apart and changed my carbon blocks too. After everything was done the silicates test zero!

I tested my tap TDS and got like 620 this time, thats ridiculous! But my ro is still kicking it down to 13 TDS, so its running with 2% rejection (or whatever it's called)

Back
Top Bottom