Red bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pzunker

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok- this may be a dumb question, but Im new. What are the red balls? They are growing larger. I know they aren't bad as Ive seen them in lots of other tanks. Id just like to know what they are. Thanks!

image-1918101150.jpg

Emerald crabs will remove them. If you pop it they will release spores. Also there is aptasia on that rock too which injecting hot lemon juice into it will kill it

I've never tried the lemon juice personally. Aiptasia-X has worked for me tho with great success. Can pick it up from any LFS for a reasonable price. Got mine from Petco for $11 I believe. Well worth the $ cuz it's effective and you get enough to kill a couple hundred if necessary

Nuke the aiptasia with aiptasia-x like stated above. I never had luck with boiling water or boiling lemon juice. For the bubble algae, just take the rock out and flick the bubbles into the trash. I'd look at this as pointing out a bigger issue, either phosphates or nitrates, as your polyps you have there aren't open at all.

Try get some peppermint shrimp. That will take care the problem. They will eat the aitapsia

Peppermint shrimp only really eat small aiptasia, and the one in the pic looks too big for peps. If you nuke the big ones, then peppermints are good to keep down any small ones that might pop up afterwards

FYI- I used Joes Juice on the Apastia and they were dead in 5 minutes. Thanks for the advice to nuke em.

Back
Top Bottom