Red fuzzy pipe cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lreilly

Aquarium Advice Freak
This came on a rock, I bought about two months ago. It was in my nano. Did not see it until after I had it in the tank. About three weeks ago I moved it to my new main tank. It has better lights.

Anyways now in the main tank, the cyno is gone. It is fuller, and now I have seven new ones starting all with in a few inches of the first one.

Now that I know it is alive and spreading, I need to know what it is. I have looked at hundreds of pictures and cant find some thing close.

Thank you for any help or pointers.

First picture is from today

Attachments

• dscf3807_150.jpg
    dscf3807_150.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 41
  • red_271.jpg
    red_271.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 33
That is a picture from its first week. I have since gotten the cyano under control.

Can you post an updated photo showing the texture of the macro? The link I posted should take you to wwm's red macro page as well. Maybe you can ID it from there.

Macro makes since. I posted a new picture in the first post. The texture reminds me of pipe cleaner.

The snails don't bother it, I have caught a crab or two on top of it, either picking at it or just on it.

Oh yes I forgot, these pictures are taken I guess from the botton back. If I could get to the other side you would see that it is some what flat and round. As like a plate.

Hmmm...

I have something that looks very similiar in my tank. Probably the same thing, I am also curious as to what this is.

I have spent all day on WWM, I still am having trouble finding it.

I am sure it is right in front of me. I am going to continue reading tomorrow, cant go on.

Back
Top Bottom