Sea spiders??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikestanked

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1459036090.962810.jpg
Id on the web looking strings in the photo?
A week ago my 6line jumped out of my tank, on Friday my starry blenny died under a rock, gasping for life.
These things aren't related? Are they?
But what about those strings in the pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Those are most likely from vermetid snails and unrelated to the deaths. Sea spiders don't make "webs" and are in the class pycnogonida. The only thing they have in common with spiders is they are both arthropods

A week ago my 6line jumped out of my tank, on Friday my starry blenny died under a rock, gasping for life.

have you checked your parameters , how long has the tank been up and running?
the reason I ask is with your blenny it could be ammonia poisoning as that is a true symptom . wrasses are known to jump but ammonia can also be another cause for him jumping .

So it's snail trails? Lol

vermetid snails have tiny shell like body's but they rarely move around they can infest a tank if not controlled.
spinoid worms have a tub like casing made from calcium and sand these can also become invasive if not controlled , the tubes can at times be mistaken for feather duster tubes

but for your main problem I would check all parameter levels as this sounds the most likely for the fish

as for sea spiders very unlikely

The tank was recently moved (about 6 months ago) it's more than 3 years old the only thing I changed durning the move was the live sand. So I'd say it's well established.
Went from a 30gal to a 20 gal. With about 25-30 pounds of live rock.
I did a pwc last Monday.5 gal.
I'm not currently running a skimmer because the tanks in my room now and my bak-pak hob skimmer is kinda loud.
What would cause a sudden ammonia outbreak?

Now I'm just guessing as I haven't seen any readings as of yet , were these the only 2 inhabitants?
before we get to far ahead get some readings you'd be surprised how much they can help.
so we stay on the right trail also check salinity reading , this could be another direction . too much salt not enough as you did a water change you mentioned , whats your water source does the water have heavy metals or even chlorine or other contaminants in it , is it RO/DI water

Back
Top Bottom