Seahorses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melosu58

SW REEF 20+ YEARS
Anybody got an ID on these seahorses. I asked for erectus but I just want to make sure

Attachments

• 100_0555_595.jpg
    100_0555_595.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_0556_984.jpg
    100_0556_984.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 32
What common name was given? H. kuda is something I am leaning toward since erectus should have horizontal lines across most of the body...

it kinda ("kinda") looks like barbouri
but It really (imo) looks like reidi, or possiably hippocampus....

I cannot distinguish the snout, but if it is not striped than most likely not barbouri. Is the skin smooth as in rounded bumps rather than typical spines seen on other Hippocampus'? Any nose spines? The coronet also looks to be turned back, but only you will be able to distinguish such features...

Lovin that wallpaper :) Looks like Hippocampus ingens to me but it also slightly resembles a kuda. Looks nothing like erectus IMO but the photo is kinda blurry.

You know you can take the auto focus off that camera ;)

It is not a barbouri. I was going with Kuda and feel that the spots will become smaller as the horse grows.

blazeyreef said:

Great day Blazey what are you trying to say that all seahorses look alike :D

I appreciate all ya`ll input. I`m kind of leaning toward Kuda. I am wondering if Lisa you might have something there. Maybe that is why I cant find an ID pic because those spots are juvinile markings. Again thanks

melosu58 said:
blazeyreef said:

Great day Blazey what are you trying to say that all seahorses look alike :D

I appreciate all ya`ll input. I`m kind of leaning toward Kuda. I am wondering if Lisa you might have something there. Maybe that is why I cant find an ID pic because those spots are juvinile markings. Again thanks
hey lol, I was going by the pics from the feb 2007 TFH lol :D :oops:

Back
Top Bottom