Several things I need help IDing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Funkmaster

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok, I dont have any pics as of yet but will try to get some here in a few. Well there are 3 things that caught my attention last night and this morning.
1. After rearranging my live rock (I have a newly established tank) into mounds in the center of the tank i noticed white bulbs on the underside of the rock that i have had for awhile. Looks similar to a feather duster somewhat but extremely small, and there about 100 of them all over my rock.
2. I had just bought some new pre-cured live rock, i took my time placing it in the water. After about an hour i walked over to my tank and began to unwrap the newspaper from the rock and this "thing" was wiggling around everywhere. It was skinny about 2 inches long and brownish in color. I quickly put it into the water to help save it and after an hour or so it has hidden itself and I cant find it anywhere.
3. I woke up this morning and did my usual, sit in front of the tank and stare until I go cross eyed thing, and I noticed several 100 extremely extremely small white things moving around on the glass.

Well any help would be help. Thanks in advance whoever replies.

-Todd-

the small white things on the glasss are pods. they are the sign of a healthy ( or soon to be healthy ) tank. many fish and starfish enjoy eating them.

steve r

ahhh...great thats what i thought they were, just wasnt sure....now I just need to figure out what these white bulby type things are and that brown thing thats hiding in my live rock.

The first one sounds like q-tip sponges, second sounds like a peanut worm, and I agree the third one on the glass is no doubt copods. All good tank inhabitants.

Back
Top Bottom