Should i be worried?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TitanWerx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My live sand changed color but only on one side of tank is this normal?

All of my water parameters seem fine, I have a biocube 14 with only a maroon clownfish and some live rock for a couple months now and just added 2turbo snails and 10 hermit crabs, I noticed the browning before I added cleaning crew.

Attachments

• image-2410233127.jpg
    image-2410233127.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 70
If this is a new tank it`s likely diatoms or the the start of cyano. Can you post your water test results?

If this is a new tank it`s likely diatoms or the the start of cyano. Can you post your water test results?

Tank isn't exactly new I inherited it from my cousin he has had for about three months withy the clown, nitrates=40ppm, nitrites=0, alkalinity=180 and ph= 7.8. I'm new to this so all I'm using is tetra easy strips 6-1 test strips is that ok? Also I do 10% water changes every 2weeks.

Oh I forgot to mention I did add about 4 lbs of wet live rock about a month ago..tank was pretty empty only had about 4lbs in it originally. Was kind of thinking of adding more since i read im suppose to have 1lb per gallon, (only 8lbs atm) but from what I hear it starts the cycling all over?

Back
Top Bottom