Shrimp Babies????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tonight I noticed tons of white things swimming around in my tank. Upon further examination I found these very tiny white, swimming things to look just like a minature shrimp. Could any of my shrimp have mated and had babies???

They are swimming all around the tank. It looks to be like hundreds of them?

I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but it is odd. I posted a pic of this a while back, and noone ever told me for sure what it was. This was the pic then.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?p=283148#283148

This is the pic now, with what looks like to be white egg things on it. I dont know.......This is a very crappy pic, but it's all I could get...

Ok, just read up on this, and guess what??? I have tons of baby cleaner shrimp!!! I know they wont live long due to the filter and being eaten, but it is way cool!! :wink: There are hundreds of them!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PS. I dont think the pics I showed have anything to do with it. :D

Ok, just read that most that experience the birth of cleaner babies also find the cleaner shrimp molt soon after the babies are born. Guess what I found this morning.......yep, a cleaner molt! This was a very cool experience!! :wink: Too bad nobody wants to share it with me.... :(

Just kidding! :wink:

Yeah, I posted on another thread about that.

I wuz noticing a big colorful belly on one of my cleaners. 2 hrs later and I had the snow/shrimp storm. That belly was no longer big. The fish and shrimp went crazy.

Food for all! :p

next time catch one and take a good look at them with a magnifying glass ! its really cool perfect little shrimp !!

i take it u need a male and female shrimp for this to happpen I have 2 blood red fire shrimp is this something i can look foward to also if you can catch them and put them in a Q tank an chance of them living to be big shrimp?

revhtree
I think the pictures you have are of a dark blue sponge. Looks like some I've had. The white "eggs", I don't know.

I thought copepods, but I could be wrong. It would be really sweet if they were shrimp and ended up making it. Cleaners go for $20-25 around these parts. :)

-j

Back
Top Bottom