Shrimp eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leedowlrods

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my cleaner shrimp has shed it's shell last night, the carcass seems to be full of eggs,
See what you think...

image-2855190215.jpg

I don't know of they need to be fertilised first, I might just leave the carcass in the tank and watch what happens

Google shrimp farm there is an article which explains how to artificially hatch shrimp eggs.

Google shrimp farm there is an article which explains how to artificially hatch shrimp eggs.

I think ive read somewhere that shrimp only get berried if the eggs are fertilised

Just been checking out forums and it sound near impossible to have any success in the home tank.
Never mind

I've had two cleaners for 5 months, this is the first time I've spotted eggs

Cleaner shrimp are hemaphrodites (hope I spelt that right) do If you had 2 they could spawn later on up to 3 months someone once told me I had one as well bought 3 months later babies!!!! Had 3 survive

I don't believe you were able to keep 3 skunk cleaner shrimp alive from eggs in a normal tank. You just don't have the food to sustain them. They are nearly impossible to raise in captivity.

They were eaten when the size of the thumb nail or just died either way died around that size just reporting what I saw or thought I saw

Would be some very big Mysis shrimp I wish I still had my old phone I had pics of it on it but I would think you would know over me. I mean you could see antena easily and I don't think a shrimp would molt 3 times in one night so I assumed that the prego shrimp had some survivors

FYI if u watch the shrimp throw her eggs kinda nuts fish everything in tank goes crazy as she stands at the high point just throwing the eggs everywhere

Yes, and they all become fish food. I've never tried to breed them, but everything i've read states you need a species specific system and multiple foods for the various stages of life. peppermint shrimp are much easier I hear.

I was gonna try again thinking I was close before but forget that I'm not feeding roiters and all that I thought they just were eating the smaller larva and living that way

Back
Top Bottom