Shrimp in hydrometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leedowlrods

Aquarium Advice Freak
I found this this morning, could it be a baby cleaner shrimp ?

image-3032181742.jpg

It's right claw seems to be very much fatter than the left one

Leedowlrods said:
I found this this morning, could it be a baby cleaner shrimp ?

It's right claw seems to be very much fatter than the left one

Almost looks like some kind of pistol shrimp?

He sounds like a baddy, I don't know what to do as I'm going away for 7 day. I could take him out as he's in th hydrometer at the mo

He should be fine. Take him to an lfs you could get some credit. Or leave him in there, he might pair with a goby? Or just live his life. Be Carful, he will snap your hand and it will hurt bad.

Thanks for your knowledge, I googled my worries away too. I've only got two clowns and two cleaners in my nano. The rest is coral.

Yeah, he should be fine. Could throw a goby in there. Or take him in to an lfs, mine gave me 20$ for mine.

Pistol shrimp is still inside the hydrometer, he's been joined by a huge copepod and and an asterina star. I might get him out of there today

Leedowlrods said:
Pistol shrimp is still inside the hydrometer, he's been joined by a huge copepod and and an asterina star. I might get him out of there today

I'm sure he would like that! :)

The little guy has stayed above the exit hole in the bottom of the hydro, that's why I haven't moved him yet.
Yesterday I got a refractometer so the hydro has to go ?

I have to say, your tank looks great!! It looks bigger than a 12 gallon lol. I was gonna guess 35g or so lol. Very nice rock work and great looking coral!

Yay, thanks, I wish I had the space for one like yours.!.!.!
I'm at my max now but managed a sea fan today hehe

image-1689819600.jpg

Oh, and a small leather ?

I'm afraid so, he's too small to survive in the open, I'm feeding him tho.
?

Back
Top Bottom