Shrimp looking things and white tiny bugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I bought some new really nice LR from the LFS. A few days later I see these little bugs that look like shrimp in the pic.

On tha glass I am also starting to see many little tiny white bugs? Is this Ok?

This is the best pic I could get of the shrimp looking things. The other bugs are to small to photo.

Thanks

I can't tell from the pic but the shrimp is probably and amphipod. The bugs on the glass would be copepods. Both a good sign the tank is maturing and doing well. They are harmless will janitors and nice snacks for the fish.

Great thanks fluff. Hard to believe anything is doing well after all it has been through but I am trying to do the most important thing, taking it slow.

This is my first S/W tank. They look gross, you all have these?

I have a bunch too! They come out (the bigger ones) when I feed and the food falls next to their hiding places.

I have a ton also. They freaked me out at first too because they looked like little mantis shrimp when I first put in my macro. There were TONS! Then I looked them up and found out they are really good for your tank.

Back
Top Bottom