shrimp or lobster??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnmgale

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just spotted a passenger in my tank, but unfortunately it got into the rocks before i could get a picture of it.
It looked like a baby shrimp but it was dark brown in colour with thin black bands around its body and a fan like tail.
I cannot find any pictures/descriptions of a shrimp like this on the usual websites but did stumble across a picture of a baby lobster with similar markings. However, the thing in my tank did not appear to have the long whiskers that a lobster would have.
whatever it is it is a baby, only about 5mm long.

Does anyone have any knowledge about if this is a particular type of shrimp or lobster?

Thanks, I did that but I don't think that it is one of those, it seemed to have normal, if quite long, pincers. If it pops its head out I will try to get a picture.

Problem sorted! It is a bumblebee shrimp. Now I have to look up how to care for it....?

are you sure it wasn't one of these guys?
gammarid-300x168.jpg

Much more common than a starfish eater.

Got a pic of it, I thought bumble bee shrimp, what do you think?

Still can't make it out, and my picture was there when I responded, but now it doesn't seem to be showing up for me.
Google "Amphipod images" and see if it's similar.

Back
Top Bottom