single hair looking things rooted on glass*pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

napydred

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i got these little hair looking things all over my glass, and some rusty lookking algae forming on the glass. I am curious as to what the hair looking things are and if i should clean them off, i can post a pic if necssary, thanx

You`ll need a pic but it sounds like it might be the start of hair algea but as I said a pic is needed.

Definitely need the pics, when you get a chance.

Keep in mind these things are rooted to the glass, they aren't flush on the glass.

img_717394_0_20ec6d8074b53f1e46eff7c90cf1e467.jpg

Looks like little feather dusters or possibly pods. Do they move?

they wave around due to the current, my tank is taking forever to complete the cycle, it's now been well over a month since the introduction of live rock, i am pretty sure it has spiked though and is slowly coming back down, the nitrites are at around .03 now

Are you guys sure that is not hair algae? Looks like it to me. Mine was like that until I got my mag-float and cleaned up the glass.

I actually have to agree with Mike on this, cuz I currently have plenty of the little hair algae growing on the back glass of my tank. Luckily, my Kole Tang is having a field day picking at it, so will see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom