Slug?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warvillian

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had my 75 Gal reef tank set up for about a month now. When I decided to use a light to look in the tank after the lights went out this is what I found. Are they slugs? Are they good or bad? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• slug1.jpg
    slug1.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 216
  • slug2.jpg
    slug2.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 210
This unknown object seems to emit some kind of chemical from it's mouth or antenna when I flash a light on it, during complete darkness.

I think it is stomatella
It had mixed opinions so google it and decide for yourself. It has good and bad

he's right, sort of. stomatella snail and there are no bad stomatella snails, unless you really, really, really love your unwanted algae ;-)

Or if u have fish that feed on the algae. Use goggle to make your decision; that's my advice

Well that has to be a hitchhiker because I never added any snails. They hide all day and only come out at night. Also, what is the chemical that it is releasing?

probably spawning. they are hitch hikers, and are very common in our systems.
btw, the algae that stomatella snails eat is microalgae, not macroalgae. i don't think the fish are going to be eating it anyway.

mr_X said:
probably spawning. they are hitch hikers, and are very common in our systems.
btw, the algae that stomatella snails eat is microalgae, not macroalgae. i don't think the fish are going to be eating it anyway.

What about the lawnmower blenny?

Back
Top Bottom