small shell with white spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevefromga2000

Aquarium Advice Freak
first, i tried to get a pic and i couldn't get my camera to focus in on it. but i saw this little shell with white spots on it. it looked like it might have been a black shell, and the white spots are part of the coloring, they aren't something growing on it. it was small, and it was also the first time i've seen it. i haven't bought any live rock for at least a month, maybe two, so it must be something that has been growing. is it possible for the shell to grow with whatever is inside of it? once again, sorry no pics, so i won't be upset if nobody can really help. thanks for whatever suggestions anyone does have though.

Was the shell round, flat, oval, cone, or maybe in a spiral shape? Shiny or dull? Could you see any of the flesh or it's color? How large was it? I have a few guesses but if you could give me a few more details on it's shape, size and colors it will help narrow it down. But, it will still just be a guess. :)

it was cone shaped, but it also looked kind of like it was in a spiral. i guess maybe like a spiral cone or something? it was pretty small, no bigger than a co co puff or so. and the shell was a dark color, maybe black, maybe dark brown. and the white dots on it were almost like a bubble. each one stuck out a little bit. and each dots was distinct so it was very noticable. i could not see the actual snail that was in it or anything, it was too small. hopefully this helps, next time i see it, i will try again for another pic. hopefully this helps. i would be able to identify it if i had some sort of pic to look at though.

Back
Top Bottom