Snail ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That one looks a bit different than the one I got with Liverock.com order but all the ones I got were predatory snails. They looked similar to nassarius but they harldy ever went in the sand.

After I added some nassarius, I witnessed one of these snails trying to kill one of my nassarius. I have since moved as many of them out of the tank as possible.

Like I said, that one looks a bit differnt but I would watch out. One of the AA members told me that if it likes the sand, it is probably a nassarius. If it spends most of it time on LR, then it is probably a predator snail.

Most of the nassarius I have are hidden most of the time. When you feed, they start popping up everywhere. Very cool :lol:

Not sure what they are, but they don't look like my nassarius. Might try contacting LR.com and see if it is a common species for them and what it might be.

here is a pic

of what my fish store sold me as a n snail hope it helps you identify and if that is not what it is please someone let me know.

Lor, your pic looks like a nassarius to me, but the pic GrndHog posted does not, the shell shape isn't right and his snail either has a spiked shell, or it wraps a mantle around the shell.

The way the animal wraps around the shell it almost looks like a cowrie of some sort. However, cowries don't have ribbed shells that I know of.

I was hoping that someone that has purchased gulf rock from Liverocks could ID this.

It acts pretty normal, as far as snails go, but just kinda strange looking.

GrndHog said:
It acts pretty normal, as far as snails go, but just kinda strange looking.

LOL :lol: Well if it starts throwing sand and swearing at you, come talk to me and I will sick my Mystery-tentacle-shooting-gelatinous-thing on your snail. :D

Back
Top Bottom